Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 19-23

This week, my goal was to find several crockpot recipes so that I could catch up on some stuff around the house. I only planned meals for Monday thru Friday. I figured I'd have Wednesday or Thursday be a leftovers day.. and finish all leftovers on the weekend or cook out, which is what we enjoy doing in the summer.

Roast
Sunday Chicken
Sweet and Sour Pork
Swiss Chicken

I will post each recipe seperately.

HELPFUL TIPS:
1. One hour of high heat equals 2 1/2 hours low heat. Now you can speed up or slow down cooking time based on your own time requirements.
2. Lifting the lid off your slow cooker lengthens cooking time by about 30 minutes!
3. Its not usually necessary to stir ingredients until serving time. Only do so if the recipe specifically calls for it. If you do have the desire to stir, do so before cooking so you dont have to add to the cook time.